Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hit The Ground Running

Describing this adventure as a whirlwind is a bit of an understatement.  I am operating on little sleep because of so much that has to be done plus I have already begun providing cupcakes for the buffet in the cafe area of The Red Rooster Cafe aka Red Rooster World.  You have to check out the site of this amazing place. http://www.redroosterworld.com/

I am so excited to be a part of all this and the amazing opportunity I have been given.  The owners are Don and Lila LeMasters.  They are amazing people and completely believe in my vision, talent, and product. 

Cupcakes Divine at Red Rooster Cafe opens officially on July 8th, yep that's right 6 days from today.  I am trusting he will have all his ducks in a row where the new bakery kitchen is concerned.  He is remodeling the prep kitchen into the bakery.  I bring my oven and other equipment in on Tuesday.  We may have to wait until Wednesday as they had a death in the immediate family that was unexpected so I have had to plug on solo. 

I guess due to the above mentioned tragedy, he hasn't had the opportunity to speak to any of his staff other than the executive chef and the staff that will be directly under me.  When I arrived this morning with almost 200 cupcakes that needed to be iced (which I did in about 20 minutes with the help of my big sister), I got the funniest looks, tons of questions of what I was doing there, etc.  All was good and everyone seemed so excited about the addition of my company to theirs. 

So from here on out I will be the queen in charge of the coffee, ice cream, old fashioned soda shop, and most importantly cupcake bar at Red Rooster Cafe.  I will be providing all the pastries, cakes and pies for the cafe.

My company is a separate entity, but the employees in that section of Red Rooster World and the managing of them is my responsibility.  This is the most cherry of a deal.  I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say it is a win/win situation for all involved.

Yes Cakes Divine still exists as we will also offer custom cakes and custom cupcake orders.  I am looking forward to what this opportunity is going to bring for me and my family's future.  Stay tuned...

1 comment: